FeldmanHood:

Manhood, Feldman style.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Blog worthy


Last night I attended (loose definition), my girlfriends sorority formal.

Coinciding with the formal was the Syracuse Orangemen (Orange) men's varsity quarterfinal matchup with the UConn. Huskies in the Big East tournament.

No biggie. 'Cuse is a lock for the tournament, and matched up against a higher ranked and better (or so I thought) team. Most likely, they would play well 3/4 of the game and lose I thought.

For good measure, one of my friends, Ben, assured me he would text me score updates throughout my formal though...

When I suddenly awoke this morning at 5:58, my first thought (naturally/natuerlich) was, "What happened with 'Cuse?!"

As these events happen (see T.O. goes to Buffalo!), a lot of attention via SMS was directed at me.

The first thing my eyes landed on was a text preview of a message from my friend Phil: 'Cuse wins in 6OT.....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Shit! I was energized at this point to absorb the details regarding potentially one of the most epic battles ever in college basketball featuring my favorite team, without me watching :()

Sure enough, Ben had kept his word, updating me via text message; Phil had joined in, and others of course texted me at the end of the game....

WOW. 6 OTs. Thats a lot of basketball.

Syracuse has played well in the Big East Tournament historically, over the last five years or so.

I did not expect this though.

Any 'Cuse fan knows the talent is there, and as Doug Gottlieb irratatingly reminds us, now we know the guile (my word) is there too.

We'll see how the East (big east) tournament turns out. Cuse should win if they play like that. We'll see if they have legs to accomplish winning two more games in two nights though...


On a closing note, as I'm watching SportsCenter right now, the Lakers vs. Spurs highlights are playing...

The announcer cooly says, "Bryant....looked like Eric Devendorf there for a second", referring to Kobe Bryant, the reigning NBA MVP and Syracuse's feisty, trashy, sweet shooting 2-guard, Eric Devendorf.

No comments:

Post a Comment